Autodesk 3DS Max Overview
Autodesk 3DS Max software delivers efficient new tools, accelerated performance, and streamlined workflows to help increase overall productivity for artists and designers working with the complex, high-resolution assets required by today’s demanding entertainment and design visualization projects.
With the ability to import, visualize, and render massive point cloud datasets; enhanced viewport performance; and new scene management workflows, 3ds Max helps artists and designers handle greater complexity without slowing down.
In addition, a more responsive ActiveShade interactive rendering workflow that now supports the NVIDIA mental ray renderer, and a new artist-friendly node-based visual shader editor for creating and previewing complex real-time shaders help increase efficiency for lighting, shading, and rendering tasks. Meanwhile, with new support for Python scripting, 3DS Max offers a robust core toolset that is more easily extended and customizable to meet each studio’s unique requirements.
Features of Autodesk 3DS Max
- Create, shape, and define a range of environments and detailed characters
- 3ds Max works with most major renderers—including Arnold,V-Ray, Iray, and mental ray—to help create striking scenes and visuals
- Build imaginative characters and realistic scenes in games and architecture
- Revit, Inventor, and Fusion 360, as well as SketchUp, Unity, and Unreal, all work with 3ds Max
- Build immersive architectural visualizations with the combined power of 3ds Max and a virtual reality engine
- Create, share, and update portable assets that are flexible, connected, and react to changes in design data
- Match your UI to the way you think and work with a more responsive, modern, and customizable user experience
System Requirements and Technical Details
Autodesk 3ds Max software is supported on the following 64-bit operating systems and at a minimum, requires a system with the following 64-bit hardware:
Supported OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
CPU : 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor with SSE4.2 instruction set
Memory (RAM): 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 6 GB of free disk space for install