Overview of Alien Skin Blow Up Benefits
If you understand Photoshop’s resize command then you already know how to use Blow Up. Our large library of standard paper sizes makes it even easier. With Lightroom and CMYK support, Blow Up fits into a professional workflow. In Blow Up 3 we found ways to make edges even sharper without introducing computery artifacts. The images below show the difference between Blow Up 3 and the traditional bicubic photo resizer used by Photoshop and other image editors.
Blow Up’s interface is deceptively simple. Just set your paper size as you would in Photoshop and optionally set a crop region. In version 3 we kept all the rocket science under the hood. You can resize up to 300,000 pixels per side, the maximum Photoshop can handle. Of course, Photoshop would choke on a square image that big, but if you are making a billboard that Photoshop can handle, so can Blow Up!
Overview of Alien Skin Blow Up Features
- It has tight Lightroom integration that supports batch processing and does not require Photoshop.
- It runs faster on both Macintosh and Windows computers.
- It can handle CMYK images used in offset printing and 16-bit/channel images used by professional photographers.
- It has presets for common paper sizes, including photo papers and standard US, European, and Japanese sizes.
- Just choose your paper type and Blow Up sharpens the right amount to compensate for ink diffusion.
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Apple Mac: OS X Yosemite (10.10) or newer
- Microsoft Windows: Windows 7 64-bit or newer
- An Intel Core 2 processor or compatible
- A monitor with 1280×768 resolution or greater
- Blow Up 3 is a plug-in and requires one of the following host applications:
- Alien Skin Exposure X or newer
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 or Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 or newer
- Adobe Lightroom 6 or Adobe Lightroom CC 2015 or newer