Overview of Alien Skin Eye Candy Benefits
Eye Candy helps you quickly explore and design looks. In Eye Candy 7, effects are chosen through easy to recognize icons rather than text menus. Presets are rapidly previewed by simply mousing over them. The theme is less clicking and more visual browsing.
Many Eye Candy effects use transparency, so we moved the transparency display control out of the preference panel and put it under the main preview. This lets you quickly switch the background between checkerboard, black, white, or a custom solid color.
Once you choose an effect, you can explore presets fast using the navigator, which is a small preview that instantly updates. You don’t even have to click. Just mouse over preset names and the navigator shows how the effect will look in your design.
Overview of Alien Skin Eye Candy Features
- Realism sets Eye Candy effects apart from the generic filters built into Photoshop. Effects like Animal Fur, Smoke, and Reptile Skin are rendered in exquisite detail down to individual hairs, turbulent wisps, and shiny scales. Eye Candy helps designs look natural and organic.
- Eye Candy scales effects to match the size of your current artwork. That makes it less likely that you will have to tweak a preset to make it look good.
- Effects are drawn into a new layer, leaving your original artwork untouched. Eye Candy can also work as a Smart Filter, which lets you modify or remove the effect later.
- Eye Candy can handle images in CMYK mode and 16-bits/channel, which are needed for professional print work. And, you can save any look as a preset to consistently recreate it in future projects.
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows 7-8-10 / macOS 10.10 or later 64-bit
- Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5 or newer, Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 or newer
- Processor: Intel Core 2 processor
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more