Overview of Altium Designer Benefits
Altium has significantly enhances user experience and productivity with a modern interface to simplify the design experience and enable unprecedented performance optimization, aided by 64-Bit architecture and multi-threading for greater stability, speed, and functionality during PCB design.
Altium Designer continues its focus on delivering new, easy-to-use and productivity enhancing PCB design tools as part of a single, unified application. Leveraging feedback and suggestions from the design community, Altium Designer features capability updates and performance optimizations to significantly enhance user experience and productivity.
In addition to the easy-to-use, modernized user interface, Altium Designer will also feature a much anticipated upgrade to 64-bit architecture and multi-threading for greater stability, speed, and functionality. These updates will not only allow designers to increase their design speed and task execution, but will also provide more flexibility and control, simplifying the overall design process.
Overview of Altium Designer Features
- Change thermal connection styles for pads and vias on the fly.
- Discover to how easily route both rigid and flex designs by following the countors of your board.
- Improved features in Draftsman make it even easier to create your PCB fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Move components on your board without having to reroute them.
- Organize your design exactly as you want with no layer restrictions.
- Explore how Altium Designer makes it easy to define the materials in your layer stack.
- Manage multiple impedance profiles for stripline, microstrip, single or differential pairs.
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Windows 7 (64-bit only), Windows 8 (64-bit only), or Windows 10 (64-bit only) Intel Core i5 processor or equivalent (Recommended Core i7 processor or equivalent)
- 4GB RAM (Recommended 16 GB)
- 10GB hard disk space (Install + User Files)
- Graphics card (supporting DirectX 10 or better), such as GeForce 200 series/Radeon HD 5000 series/Intel HD 4600
- Monitor with at least 1680×1050 (widescreen) or 1600×1200 (4:3) screen resolution
- Adobe Reader (version XI or later for 3D PDF viewing)
- Up to date Web browser
- Microsoft Office 32-bit or 64-bit