AVG Internet Security Overview
AVG Internet Security has anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall functions, as well as providing real-time protection (preventive), serving as an excellent security mechanism for your machine against virtual pests.
As far as the interface is concerned, the latest edition of AVG Internet Security has a new, more sophisticated design. Six types of scanning modes are available, once the initial scan is over: the full scan looks into all parts of the computer for malware, deep virus scan checks only areas most likely to get infected, and USB / DVD scan which verifies removable media devices.
The antivirus engine consists of multiple detection methods: signatures, polymorphic (to find new variants of known viruses, even if they now have a different behavior), heuristics (determines malware based on the program’s behavior and should work when the signature method fails), real-time outbreak (adds crowd intelligence to the cloud to detect the newest threats) and CyberCapture, a new feature launched by AVG that’s a cloud-based smart file scanner which isolates and analyzes suspicious items.
Features of AVG Internet Security
- Stop viruses, spyware, ransomware & other malware
- Block unsafe links, downloads & email attachments
- Scan for PC performance problems
- Get real-time security updates
- Secure personal folders with an extra layer of ransomware protection
- Prevent peeping Toms from watching you via your webcam
- Keep hackers away with Enhanced Firewall
- Avoid fake websites for safer shopping
- Includes AntiVirus PRO for Android
System Requirements and Technical Details
- Supported OS: Windows XP/7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more