Overview of Folder Guard Benefits
You can use Folder Guard to lock your personal files and folders with passwords, to stop other users from peeking into your records. You can even completely hide your private folders from virtually all applications, and such folders would remain invisible until you enter a valid password. You can also protect sensitive system files from modification or destruction, disable access to the removable drives, restrict access to Control Panel, and more.
You can prevent other users (even the administrators) from using the system tools that can mess up your Windows installation, while allow such use for yourself or someone who knows the Master password. You can also designate the backup programs as the trusted ones, allowing them to backup your protected files in the background without asking you for the password every time.
You can stop other users of your computer from peeking into your personal files. You can protect the system files and folders from destruction by cyber-vandals. You can allow specific users to run a program while denying it to others. You can allow users to store their documents on removable drives, while preventing them from using unauthorized programs on those drives.
Overview of Folder Guard Features
- Hide your personal folders from other users
- Password-protect and restrict access to file folders
- Can control access to programs and files
- Lock access to the USB, CD-ROM and other removable drives
- Suitable for a wide range of computer security tasks
- Restrict access to Control Panel and other resources
- Restrict Internet Explorer from downloading programs from the Internet
- Protect your files without encrypting them
- Quickly enable or disable the protection via a “hot key”
- Supports easy recovery in case of emergency
- Works with drives of any format
- Runs on a wide range of Windows platforms
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM
- Free Hard Disk Space: 20 MB or more