Overview of Nik Collection Mac
Nik Collection’s image editing plug-ins for Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop are now available in a new version. This has now the French software company DxO announced. In September 2012, Google had taken over the plug-in collection from the Hamburg software company Nik Software and initially paid for, later also offered for free – but without product maintenance . Then DxO took over Google’s Nik Collection in late 2017 and has begun refurbishing the classic image effects.
The new release now also means the end of the free version of Google. DxO promises that the Nik Collection 2018 will be fully compatible with the latest Mac and PC operating systems, as well as the latest Adobe CC products such as Lightroom and Photoshop (Elements). There is also customer support in four languages, including German. Soon, DxO also wants to offer tutorials on the new website . The plug-in is available in 13 languages.
Overview of Nik Collection Mac by DxO Features
- Analog Efex Pro
- Color Efex Pro
- Silver Efex Pro
- Sharpener Pro
- HDR Efex Pro
7 plug-ins for image effects
DxO Offers the Nik Collection 2018 as a stand-alone application or as a plug-in collection with seven modules:
- Analog Efex Pro: This filter simulates the typical look of different analogue films.
- Color Efex Pro: In addition to color correction filters, this plug-in provides retouching and creative effects.
- Dfine: Taking into account the specifics of each camera, Dfine reduces the picture noise.
- HDR Efex Pro: As the name suggests, HDR Efex Pro is the specialist for HDR images. With different presets the most different effects can be achieved.
- Sharpener Pro: The plugin is designed to make sharpening images easier.
- Silver Efex Pro: The specialist for black and white shots is based on the working method of darkroom corrections.
- Viveza: Viveza is responsible for local color and tonal adjustments.
*** PerspectiveEfex removed from installer (no k’ed)
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later 64-bit